Online registration guidelines for HKIA/ARB Professional Assessment,
PA Lecture & Seminar Series and CPD Seminar &
Introduction of HKIA/ARB e-Self Service System
You can make use of this online service to register for HKIA/ARB Professional
Assessment (PA), PA Lecture & Seminar
Series and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Seminar & Site Visit.
Online registration quota will be set.
You can save queuing time for personal submission at the HKIA office by online
registration for PA, PA Lecture & Seminar series, CPD Seminar and Site
Visit. You can also register anytime and anywhere at your own convenience.
Information below will tell you what you should know before using the online
If you have registered the HKIA account at
www.joinhkia.net and know what supporting
documents are required for the registration, you can now register online.
Otherwise, please register for your own HKIA account first and check for the
details in the paragraphs below.
Supporting documents required for online registration
Please prepare the following required supporting documents to be uploaded to
this system for the online registration for PA. Your registration would not be
processed if any of the required items are missing during the registration
- Soft copy of Hong Kong Identity Card / Passport
- Soft copy of any declaration or relevant document of proof should your
name differs from that stated on your Hong Kong Identity Card or Passport
- Soft copy of official translations for any documents not in English or
- Soft copy of Photo (size: 280 x 380 pixel: minimum 200 dpi or no higher
than 600 dpi)
- Soft copy of Certificate(s) of academic qualification
- Pre-professional degree
- Professional degree
- Soft copy of Certificate(s) of professional qualification (Optional)
- For registration for PA Paper 8:
- Paper 8 Synopsis & Block Plan
- Architect Permission Form
- Declaration Form for Authenticity
- For registration for PA Papers 1,2,6,7,8:
-Nomination of Adviser and Office Supervisor
-Adviser Consultation Form
Please also prepare a valid credit card under your name for the online payment.
How to Start
- Please register an HKIA login account at
- You will receive a confirmation email for login activation.
- Then, you can login to the online registration system with your
registered username and password at www.joinhkia.net to activate your login
- If the information provided for the registration is incorrect, the
registration will be automatically deleted from the system without further
- Since registration quota will be set, you will have 24 hours to complete
your online registration. If you are not able to fill in and upload the
required supporting documents within the time limit, your seat for
registration will be released to other candidate / registrant. Information
you saved will be maintained in the system and should you like to complete
your registration, you have to re-login and further complete the
- Please observe the deadline for the registration. No registration will
be accepted after the deadline.
- Once you started registration, the system will assign a spot and
candidate number for you. You have to input all the required information
within 24 hours, otherwise, your spot will be released to other registrant.
- All supplementary documents have to be uploaded before the deadline of
registration, otherwise, your registration will be considered as invalid and
- Please “save” your inputted information from time to time in your own
record in order to facilitate your onward processing or registration of the
PA, lecture, seminar or site visit.
- If you do not press “save” during your registration process, information
inputted would not be saved in the system for your future retrieval.
- Acknowledgement email will be sent to your registered email address once
payment is done and with the checking by the Secretariat within 30 working
days for Paper 3, 4 & 5 and within 4 calendar months for Paper 1, 2, 6, 7 &
8 after your registration.
- Please refer to PA Handbook should you have any
enquiries on the eligibility for taking the PA.
Successful registration does not imply your eligibility for the PA. The
application form and supporting documents will be subject to checking before
your eligibility can be confirmed. You will be issued with an Admission Card
before the PA.
- Under any circumstances, registration fee is non-refundable
By online registration, the fees payable will be transacted through the online
If you forget your password, click the button “Forgot Password” and enter the
email address you previously registered and your Hong Kong Identity Card Number for
verification. An acknowledgement email with the new password will be sent to you
Should you have any further enquires regarding online registration, please email